Landscape Marlborough has over 25 years of experience and can work with you to transform any space.
At Landscape Marlborough we cover all of the Marlborough area; Blenheim, Picton, Awatere Valley, Wairau Valley, Havelock, Pelorus, Rai Valley and the Marlborough Sounds.
We cater for a wide variety of requirements, from a quick maintenance job, garden makeover or complete landscape from scratch.
- We can work from your plans, those of a landscape architect, or provide a design for you.
- We have an extensive knowledge of plant varieties, and can tailor the right plant to the right situation. For example; some varieties of trees and shrubs can be transplanted.
- Preparation, planting, irrigation, lawns, staking and mulching are undertaken to a high standard, and we endeavour to procure quality plants at a reasonable price, including from our own nursery.
- Plants - we have an ever expanding plant nursery specializing in harder to obtain New Zealand native plant species. Where we need to procure native plants we can ensure they are obtained from ecological sustainable sources.
- Native Bird Habitats - we are experienced in the enhancement of native bird environments and are on board with the Tui to Town project.
- Maintenance can include; pruning, chainsawing, weed-eating/scrub cutting, knapsack spraying, mowing, weeding and much more.
- We are a one stop shop for your landscape design. We work in conjunction with a qualified builder for hard landscaping requirements like; fences, decking, retaining walls and paths to fulfill all aspects of your landscape plan.
Rural & Commercial Landscaping
At Landscape Marlborough we are privileged to have been involved with hundreds of projects around the province. Included in these are a number of large scale projects involving thousands of plants for the likes of the Marlborough District Council, Pelorous Lodge, PacknSave, Ravensdown, Marlborough Roads, Westwood Business Park (Bunnings) and prominent Wineries.
We can help in:
- Establishing plantings in harsh environments, such as lack of soil, lack of water, subject to rabbit or other pest damage, as well as other areas like the Marlborough Sounds with a higher rainfall.
- Native Revegetation, including wetland projects.
- Plants - we have an ever expanding plant nursery specializing in harder to obtain New Zealand native plant species. Where we need to source native plants we can ensure they are obtained from ecological sustainable sources.
- Native Bird Habitats - we are experienced in enhancement of native bird environments and are on board with the Tui to Town project.
- Noxious weed control - an important aspect of establishing plantings. We have vast experience in removing or poisoning willows, broom, gorse, barberry, old man's beard, banana passion fruit and many others.
- Releasing around young plants to enhance their survival prospects and aid growth. We have used herbicide sprays safely, around literally hundreds of thousands of these plants. If you prefer to be herbicide free, we can use other methods.
- Jobs that require the use of chainsaws, scrubcutters, weedeaters, post-hole borers, tractors, loaders, tip trucks.
- Form pruning. This is not only important for exotic trees, but some natives as well, to enhance their natural shape.
- Irrigation and watering from truck- with smaller projects we both design and implement the irrigation plan. For large complex systems, we can engage a specialist and work with them as required.
- Mulching - for both large and small projects. This can be very important for moisture retention, as a weed suppressant, and aesthetics.
- Tractor mowing, and we have a ride-on mower for smaller areas.
Supporting the Local Community
Landscape Marlborough is proud to support our local community. We have been involved in a number of community projects over the years.
- Planting and maintenance on the Taylor river.
- Supervised School and other community group planting activities.
- Establishing tree and shrubs at the natural burial area of Fairhall Cemetery.
- We have even been on TV! With the old TV show, Mucking In.